Thursday, March 11, 2010

how to edit video windows 7

Since Windows XP came out, I have taken editing my home videos for granted. There was always a version of Windows Movie maker that you can use to quickly capture about a dozen clicks of videosn from your video camera and within 10 mins, you can edit it, crop and merge the clicks together with special effects and music and output it to DVD in 16:9 HD video and 5.1 surround sound. Or you can create a smaller output for YouTube - all from a single application
. Things were easy.


Now that I have 64 bit Windows 7 on a i7 based machine that was sold as 'ideal for video editing', I am really struuggling to do this simple task that I took for granted.


The only version of Windows movie maker that works on Win 7 is the really cut down Windows Live movie maker Beta that can only output up to 640x480 and cant do fancy editing that I am used to.


Even my PicturePackage application I got with the Sony video camera wont install on Windows 7.


As for the old Version 2.6 of Movie maker, It installs - but only the sound works (despite the fact that I got a top of the range ATI 48xx based vidoe card.


I searched the net - and it suggest I copy the Vista moviemaker from a machine running Vista - and I no longer have any - I got Win7 running on all my machines at home now.

Or I need to go and buy a dedicated application.

No comments:

Post a Comment